This is true that, sometime we fed up with the unwanted emails keep on filling the inbox of the Gmail account. As an additional feature of emailing system Google introduced a new option for its users to block any email address to stop receiving the emails in future. This new feature of blocking sender is a new hope for the Gmail users who were frustrated because of receiving emails of no use.
In order to block any email sender you have to:
- Open the message you received in the email.
- At the top of the message you can see a downwards triangle shape option when.
- You have to click on that option it will give you a drop down list.
- You can find out the option to block that particular email in the list.
- In future you will get the emails from the blocked contacts in the spam folder of your email account.
Also there is another option to keep the unwanted email out of the inbox by creating a Gmail filter. This Gmail filter will divert the emails coming in from the selected email addresses (contacts in the filter) to the spam folder instead of going into the inbox.
The easiest way to stop unwanted emails in Gmail is to:
- Download the Gmail android application in your smart phone.
- Open the application and login with your username.
- Open the list of unwanted emails you have received so far.
- Unsubscribe to the email list.
Also you can open the unwanted email that you have received, nest to the senders name you can see the option Unsubscribe or Change preferences, there you have to block the sender or mark the message that you received as a spam in future if you get the emails from the same sender it will go into the spam folder of you Gmail.
If you have performed everything mentioned above and you are still receiving the same kind of emails you just don’t want them at all the last option is to change the email address if you can.