How to Set up Gmail on Mobile?
This article contains information about how to set up Gmail account on different devices.
Follow the below listed steps to set up a Gmail account on your android phone:
- First of all, open the Settings menu of your android phone.
- Scroll down to find the Accounts option.
- Tap on Accounts option in the Settings menu in order to open it. There, you will find Add Account option.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Now, tap on the Google from the list of available options. If you have added a security lock to your phone, you will be asked to unlock your phone.
- Now, enter your existing Gmail account’s username and tap on NEXT button. After that, sign in your Gmail account by entering the password. If you don’t have an existing Gmail account, you can create a new one by tapping on Create a new account option.
- Congratulations, you have added your Gmail account to your android phone.
Steps to Add up Gmail Account to Windows Phone:
- Open the Apps list by swiping left on the Start screen.
- Tap on Settings menu > Email + Accounts > Add an account > Advanced setup.
- Enter your existing Gmail account’s username and tap on NEXT button.
- Now, tap on Exchange ActiveSync and select the type of account you want to set up.
- Enter your Google Account’s username.
- Leave the Domain text box empty or you may enter google as a domain name.
- Now, enter m.google.com as the server name.
- Select download settings and select the applications which you want to sync with your Gmail account.
- At last, tap on Sign in.
How to Set up Gmail Account on Computer?
- Open your web browser and type Gmail.com in the search tab of the browser. You will be then directed to the Gmail account page.
- Now, click on Add Account option provided on the left side of the NEXT button.
- After that, you will be asked to fill up the following information by the Google.: first name, last name, username and password (for your Gmail account), date of birth, gender, phone number and your current email address. You can enter any username. If the username is taken by another person, a message is displayed and you have to choose another username. Google also provides some of the available usernames (usernames which could not be taken by anyone yet). You can select any of them or try another username of your choice.
- Click on Next Step button.
- Then Google asks you to enter recovery information as a phone number and an existing Gmail account.
- When you are done, click on Done button.
- Your Gmail account has been created.
If you face any difficulty while adding Gmail account to your device, you can contact Gmail Support team.