Easiest Way to Do the Renewal of The SSL Certificate
SSL certificate is the certificate that you will be able to get once you make the request for it and it is verified. Once the request is verified then the certificate is either mailed to the person or he can also download it. But you need to make sure that the certificate does not get expired since if that happens then that certificate will be of no use and will never serve your purpose. So before expiring it is mandatory to get it renewed.
Now just in case you are still pondering over how to renew ssl certificate then this article is meant just for you. You can simply follow the steps written here in order to do so:-
- You have to follow this process at least 90 days before the expiration so for that you have to simply generate a new CSR.
- Once you do that then you just have to login to your digicert account followed by completing the certificate renewal request.
- Now as you are done with the request making then the digicert will simply perform a quick cross check verification.
- Followed by sending the renewed certificate of yours to your contact on the mail ID.
- Just in case you do not get it on the mail then you also get an option to download it from the account of the digicert.
- After that you just have to go to the server and there you need to configure the renewed certificate of yours.
In case of any issues you can get in touch with the techies from the company by calling them on the numbers provided.
How to Renew SSL Certificate in Linux?
Ways to know how to renew SSL Certificate in Linux
Complete details about SSL Certificate:
SSL Certificate are small data files that are binds cryptographic key to the details of an organization. When it is installed on a web server, the padloak is activated and the https protocol. This will help to secure connections from a web server to a browser.
SSL Certificates together binds the below listed things:
- A domain name, server name or hostname.
- An organizational identity (i.e. company name) and location.
Know how can the users renew SSL certificate:
The users may renew SSL certificate by applying the steps listed below. If some issue arises, then the users may contact the technical experts.
- The users need to generate a new CSR, if needed.
- Then, the users need to log into their DigiCert Account.
- The users are then required to complete the certificate renewal request.
- As soon as the completes the renewal request, Digicert will do a quick cross check verification. In case, the information of the organisation is changed in the CSR, then the user needs to provide a new documentation so as to verify the changes.
- Once the steps are approved, the renewed certificate is sent to the certificate contact in an email. The users may download the renewed certificate in their DigiCert account.
- On the server, the user needs to install and configure the new certificate. The users need to make sure that the new certificate is installed and configured properly.
- Once the users have installed the SSL certificate correctly. And the users have correctly verified that it is working, then the user needs to remove their old certificate.
Thus, by executing these steps, the users will be able to renew their SSL certificate.