Being an email account holder, it’s quite important to log out of your account whenever there is no use, but sometimes lots of users find it difficult to find the sign-out button whenever they use it on their preferred browser. If you are accessing your Gmail account in Chrome and unable to access the sign-out button, then you don’t need to worry as thousands of Gmail account holders confront this problem for varied reasons. You can fix the Gmail sign-out button not working in the Chrome issue very easily if you have a good idea otherwise, follow the mentioned troubleshooting steps.
Quick Methods to Resolve Gmail Sign Out Button Working Issue
Method 1: Disable Labs Option in Gmail account
Sometimes you can’t see the sign out button when using a Gmail account in Chrome due to the labs feature and you can easily fix the issue of the Gmail sign out button not working by disabling the lab feature. You can disable it through the below steps very quickly:
First of all, go to the official Gmail sign in page using Chrome, and then you can sign in to your account using the email address.
Click on the gear icon that can be accessed at the top-right corner of the screen and select the Settings option.
Click on the Labs section available on the main page, and then you will be able to see the activated labs.
Now you can scroll down and then check the box Disable to disable the labs feature.
After that, click on the Save Changes tab, and then you will be able to find the sign out button in its given place.
Method 2: Try Gmail in Incognito Mode
You can also log in to your Gmail account in incognito mode and properly resolve this issue. You can find the Gmail sign out button to sign out your account after following the below steps:
- Open your Chrome browser and then click on three vertical dots available on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on New Incognito Window option to open the incognito window. Alternatively, you can also press the keys Ctrl+Shift+N together to open it.
- Now the incognito window will be opened, and then visit the official sign in page of Gmail from it.
- Enter your email address and password related to your Gmail account to log in to your account.
- Now click on Sign in tab and then you will be signed in to your account and capable of seeing the Sign Out button.
The above-given steps can help on how to fix lost sign out button in Gmail in a very reliable way, and you will be able to see the sign out button. But if the sign out button still doesn’t appear or you need any other assistance, contact the customer service team of Gmail.