How to Delete Your Chrome Browsing History?
If you wish not to record the data of the web pages that you visited using the Chrome then, you can easily delete your browsing history or particular browsing history. Further, there are chances that by deleting the chrome history some of your devices which are synced with chrome will get affected. But, don’t worry as you can easily delete the Google search history separately. So, if you are wondering how to delete chrome history then, you need to read on this article and follow some simple steps.
Steps to delete chrome history:
- Before starting with the deletion process, launch the chrome web browser.
- Now, click on Google customize and control icon present on the top corner of the page.
- Then, click on the History option.
- After that, a dialogue box will appear where you again have to click on History.
- Go to the Clear Browsing Data option present on the left-side of the page.
- Now, a drop- down menu will appear on your screen.
- Thereafter, choose the amount of history you want to remove.
- After that, check the boxes which you wish to delete including the browsing data.
- Further, click on Clear Data to remove the browsing history from chrome.
Besides, if you wish to delete some particular search history then, follow these steps:
- Before doing anything else, you should launch the browsing history page.
- Thereafter, you should check the items which you wish to remove from your browsing history.
- Then, on the top right corner, you will see the Delete option, click on it.
- Further, you need to click on Remove to confirm the deletion.
How to Delete Google Chrome History in Mobile?
Chrome saves browsing history in a file on the device. And the accumulation of excess browsing history in the form of data alter the proper functioning of Google Chrome on your mobile device. So it is always a good practice to delete Google Chrome history in mobile.
If you are willing to delete the browsing history from your phone but you have no idea about how to delete Google Chrome history in mobile then here is an effective procedure to guide you.
Steps to delete Google Chrome history in mobile:
You can delete the records that you have visited on Google Chrome easily. Google provides the facility to delete complete or some of the browsing histories on your mobile. Follow the enlisted steps to delete Google Chrome browsing history in mobile:
- First of all, open the Chrome app and from the top right corner of the page, click on the More option that is indicated by three dots.
- There, a list of options will be displayed.
- You need to select the History button and tap on it.
- From the History option, click on Clear Browsing History.
- Tapping so will display the next page with the time range of your Browsing history.
- From there, you can select the time range up to which you want to delete.
- If you want to clear all the browsing history then tap on the checkbox stating All Time.
- You can also tap the checkbox of cookies and site data to clear it from history.
- Tap on Clear data option.
- Doing so will delete all the search history from your device also some space will be freed.
Hence you can easily delete Google Chrome browsing history from your device.