How to Delete Your Chrome Browsing History?
If you wish not to record the data of the web pages that you visited using the Chrome then, you can easily delete your browsing history or particular browsing history. Further, there are chances that by deleting the chrome history some of your devices which are synced with chrome will get affected. But, don’t worry as you can easily delete the Google search history separately. So, if you are wondering how to delete chrome history then, you need to read on this article and follow some simple steps.
Steps to delete chrome history:
- Before starting with the deletion process, launch the chrome web browser.
- Now, click on Google customize and control icon present on the top corner of the page.
- Then, click on the History option.
- After that, a dialogue box will appear where you again have to click on History.
- Go to the Clear Browsing Data option present on the left-side of the page.
- Now, a drop- down menu will appear on your screen.
- Thereafter, choose the amount of history you want to remove.
- After that, check the boxes which you wish to delete including the browsing data.
- Further, click on Clear Data to remove the browsing history from chrome.
Besides, if you wish to delete some particular search history then, follow these steps:
- Before doing anything else, you should launch the browsing history page.
- Thereafter, you should check the items which you wish to remove from your browsing history.
- Then, on the top right corner, you will see the Delete option, click on it.
- Further, you need to click on Remove to confirm the deletion.
How to Delete Google Chrome History in Mobile?
Chrome saves browsing history in a file on the device. And the accumulation of excess browsing history in the form of data alter the proper functioning of Google Chrome on your mobile device. So it is always a good practice to delete Google Chrome history in mobile.
If you are willing to delete the browsing history from your phone but you have no idea about how to delete Google Chrome history in mobile then here is an effective procedure to guide you.
Steps to delete Google Chrome history in mobile:
You can delete the records that you have visited on Google Chrome easily. Google provides the facility to delete complete or some of the browsing histories on your mobile. Follow the enlisted steps to delete Google Chrome browsing history in mobile:
- First of all, open the Chrome app and from the top right corner of the page, click on the More option that is indicated by three dots.
- There, a list of options will be displayed.
- You need to select the History button and tap on it.
- From the History option, click on Clear Browsing History.
- Tapping so will display the next page with the time range of your Browsing history.
- From there, you can select the time range up to which you want to delete.
- If you want to clear all the browsing history then tap on the checkbox stating All Time.
- You can also tap the checkbox of cookies and site data to clear it from history.
- Tap on Clear data option.
- Doing so will delete all the search history from your device also some space will be freed.
Hence you can easily delete Google Chrome browsing history from your device.
How do I Delete Google Chrome History in my iPhone?
If you use Google Chrome for browsing and surfing your history will be saved automatically. If you are using the Google Chrome application on your iPhone it will store the history and after a long time, it might create a problem such as slow functioning of the browser, not able to connect with the internet, Etc.
You can easily fix these problems by deleting the Google Chrome history from your device. You can delete Google Chrome history from your iPhone by following the steps given below:
- Open the Google Chrome application on your phone
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, you have to tap on MORE HISTORY
- Then at the bottom, you have to tap on CLEAR BROWSING DATA
- You need to check the browsing history by tapping on the checkbox
- If you don’t want to delete anything else you need to unchecked that by tapping on that
- Tap on CLEAR BROWSING DATA
- Then at the top right corner of the screen, you have to tap on done
Once you are done with this your Google Chrome application will be cleared and will start working as a new application without any delay or another problem.
How to Delete Google Chrome History on Android Phone?
When the user is facing issues of Google Chrome not working on Android then the first thing he is advised is to clear the browsing history. Accumulation of caches, history and cookies of the website are considered as one of the factors responsible for Google chrome not responding. And if you want to delete the same but do not know about the process then you do not have to panic.
The users may follow the steps below to delete Google Chrome history on Android phone.
Simple Steps To Get Rid of Google Chrome History from Your Android Device:
- Unlock your Android device and go to the Google Chrome application from the device application store.
- Tap on the three vertical dots available at the top right corner on the chrome application.
- Choose “History” as the option from the menu displayed in front of you.
- A new window with the list of your searches will be displayed in front of you. Tap on “Clear Browsing History” at the top of your searches.
- Tick mark the options which you want to delete along with history. It includes caches, cookies and data.
- Select the option and then tap “Clear Data”. Google will confirm your choice. Tap “Clear” to confirm your selections.
- Wait for a few minutes and the history will be deleted.
Therefore, with the help of the above simple and convenient steps, the users may easily delete their history.
Still, Have Concern? Contact Google Support
Further, the user may also contact Google support number which in case of queries. This number is 24/7 active so that the user is free to contact any time of the day.