AOL Mail Not Working
If you are unable to log into your AOL mail then there might be some issue. But you don’t have to get puzzled as every problem has a resolution. Hence, this problem also can be handled in many ways. And if you are the one who wants to fix the issue, then you may refer the piece of information further.
Facing Issues with AOL Mail? Possible Reasons Behind!
There might be many possible reasons which have lead to such a problem. And some of the issues are mentioned below.
- Improper internet connection.
- Increase of cookies, caches and thumbnails in the mail settings.
- The full capacity of the inbox as well as outbox.
- Older version in use.
- Sever as a whole not responding.
Therefore, there can be many other reasons behind AOL mail not working. But you do not have to get apprehensive. The users may follow the steps below to fix such glitches.
Fixing AOL Mail Not Responding Issue!
The users may follow the below tips and tricks to get fix the AOL mail issue.
- First of all, check the internet connection. In case of improper internet connection, the user can get in touch with the network service provider and register for complaint.
- Clear all the cookies, caches and thumbnails from the mail settings.
- Also, do delete all the unwanted text messages from inbox and outbox and make the storage of email lighter than before.
- In case AOL mail server not responding as a whole then you can wait for a few minutes and if the issue still not resolved then you are free to contact the email customer service.
Therefore, with the help of the above steps, the users can fix his issue.
AOL Mail not working on iPhone
AOL is a Multi used technology compatible for all the devices. It is a free web based email service provide by AOL. AOL has some unique features which make it AOL different from other email service provider. It has inbuilt virus and spam protection technology which helps in the protection of emails. Its email attachment limit is 25 MB more than any other web based service provider. It has a capacity of 1000 new messages, 4000 old messages, and 4000 sent messages per screen name. It has a maximum limit of 250 GB for storage. Spell checking facility is new; it helps in auto correction of word.
AOL Sign up and Log in process is so simple, even it is free service and after 90 days it will deactivate itself, which meant it has 90 days inactivate policy. There are some users who complaining that AOL is not working on iPhone. So it is sometime due to server issue or sometimes it is device issue. Here are some useful steps for problem.
Steps to get rid from AOL not working Problem on iPhone
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Remove AOL account from your device and then try to configure the AOL account again using these steps.
- Click on setting option from iPhone.
- Click on option Mail, contact and calendar from the options.
- Tap on “add account” option.
- Enter the information related to account like, name, email address and phone number.
- Now select IMAP option from the given options.
- Enter the details of incoming server.
- Click on ok and finish.
- Try to launch AOL account.
These are the easiest steps to get rid from the problem of AOL mail not working on iPhone. If still AOL not working then need to update ios system of your device and reset settings.
AOL Mail not Working on MAC
IF you are trying to get access into your AOL account using your MAC computer on a web browser or laptop but you are not able to access or it is not working properly. Using the web browser will make it difficult to understand how you can get it working.
However if you are setting up your email into your MAIL app in your MAC might fix the problem which you are facing or can get the mail working or you will be able to access the email.
You can follow the steps given below AOL mail not working on MAC while trying to login through web browser by setting it up with the email APP in MAC:
- Open the mail APP and the open the mail menu and click on ADD ACCOUNT option.
- It will give you several options of mail account provider you need to choose AOL.
- Click on continue.
- Enter the AOL username and click on NEXT button.
- Enter the password of your AOL account and Click on SIGN IN.
- Click on AGREE.
- Select MAIL and click on DONE.
Your AOL account is now setup with your MAIL APP on your MAC computer or laptop, now you can access it anytime and will be able to send and receive email without any problems.
AOL Not Working In Android Phone
If your AOL account is not working on your smartphone device then there is no need to worry about it. You can simply fix such issue by going through the easy steps and applying them in your AOL application. However if you do not have the AOL app installed in your phone then you can also apply the steps online. Read further to know about the steps.
Steps To Fix AOL Account Not Working On Android
- Open the AOL app in your Android phone.
- Log into your account and go to the Setting incoming and outgoing server section. Enable the manual step for further steps
Now, select the IMAP account settings and then do the following steps:
- Set the IMAP server to imap.AOL.com
- Port number to 143
- Security type to None
After you have made the changes tap “Next” and now make the following changes in the STMP account settings.
- SMTP Server to smtp.AOL.com
- Port Number to 587
Now, save the changes and exit the application. Re-login to your account and see if everything works fine now.
Hence these steps would help you in fixing Aol Not Working in Android Phone issue. However, if you still face problems then simply reinstall the App in your phone.