Fix Issues if Your Gmail Not Working
Maximum users have now turned to Gmail because of its simple user interface, interesting features and much more. Developed and managed by Google, this is also another product which is used for many purposes apart from sending or receiving the email. Gmail is the king of all emails as it is preferred by maximum users from all across the world.
And as the technology is updated hence, users can see Gmail also with an updated version and therefore can use it even on Android and iPhones. But in case if you are facing issues with the Gmail regularly and you are confused about what to do in such case then you shall read the article further.
Experiencing Issues with Gmail? Here are the Reasons!
There might be many reasons which can cause Gmail not working issue. And not knowing about the reason then it will not be possible to solve it. So, learn the reasons causing the issue and then find the resolutions further.
- Poor internet connection
- Accumulation of Cookies, caches and thumbnails.
- Improper login credentials.
- Gmail inbox and outbox capacity is full
And there can be many other reasons which lead to such problem of Gmail to not work properly. But the resolutions to get rid of Gmail not working are mentioned below.
Also, Find the Troubleshooting Ways to Fix the Gmail Issue!
- To start with, check the internet connection properly. And for that, you need to check your wifi first and then the Internet connection. If anything is at fault then contact your service provider to sort the issue.
- From the settings of Gmail, clear all the cookies, caches and thumbnails.
- Check login details properly. If you are unable to log into the account then you may follow the recovery steps.
- Another way to get the issue fixed is by deleting all the unwanted emails from both inbox and outbox.
Hence, with the help of the above information, we hope that you get the resolution to your issue. And if need any help then feel free to contact customer service of Gmail for free.
Gmail not Working in iPhone? Here are Ways to Fix!
Gmail is an email which is used not only to send or receive email but also helps in other things. It is because of this email that a user can now save his backup, pictures, images, videos etc on this email. Gmail is also known for its interesting features and simple user interface with the facility to be used as an application on any smartphone.
But, nothing in this world works without flaws and hence a user can face issues while working with Gmail. So, if you are such a user who is facing issues with Gmail not working in iPhone then you might not get puzzled. You may read the article further to know about the reasons behind what is causing Gmail to not work and its solutions as well.
Possible Reasons for Gmail not Working in iPhone!
- If your Gmail is not working on the iPhone then it could be due to improper and poor internet connection.
- Accumulated cookies, caches and browsing history in the email settings.
- Inbox and outbox capacity is full.
- Gmail not updated to its latest version.
- iOS not updated due to which Gmail is not compatible with the version of Operating System you are using in iPhone.
And there can be many other reasons stated for Gmail not working. To solve such issues you can refer to the solutions below.
Resolutions to Fix Gmail Not Working in iPhone!
- Check the internet connection and contact service operator to look into the matter and solve your issue.
- Delete all the cookies and caches from the settings of email.
- Clear the text messages from inbox and outbox to make space for new messages to arrive.
- Update your version of Gmail to the latest one if not yet done and also update the iOS in the phone.
- You can also try to uninstall and then install the application once again.
After following the above ways to fix the issue, if it remains the same then you are free to contact Gmail support. You can also get in touch with Apple Support and get the resolution. This customer support is 24/7 active.
How to Fix Gmail not Working in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are trying to access your Gmail account on Mozilla Firefox and unable to do so then you must be very annoyed. Mozilla Firefox users often face Gmail not working issue with their browser but there are also few solutions with the help of which you can fix this issue easily. If you are not aware about the solutions to fix Gmail not working issue in Mozilla and looking for the same then welcome here. Go through the information given below discussing the ways to fix Gmail not working in Mozilla issue:
Clear Firefox Cookies and Cache
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to its settings
- Choose privacy and settings option from the given list
- Then scroll down to find cookies settings and click to open it
- At last tap clear data button to delete the cookies and cache from your browser
Launch Firefox in Safe Mode
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and go to the menu
- Select general option from the menu and new window will open
- Then uncheck hardware acceleration box and close Mozilla
- Then restart Mozilla Firefox and try to open Gmail page once again
- Open Firefox and click Menu option available on upper left corner of the page
- Select help option from the menu and click About Firefox option
- A new window will open that will show if any latest Mozilla update is available
- Tap restart button to update Mozilla Firefox and computer will restart automatically once your browser is updated successfully
Disable Firefox extensions
- Click to open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to its settings
- Find extensions option under the settings and open it
- Remove the extensions from your Mozilla browser and then reopen it
Delete and Reinstall Firefox
- First of all delete the Mozilla browser from your system
- Then download it again and reinstall the browser in your system
- After that launch Mozilla and try to visit Gmail website on it
This way you can fix Gmail mail not working in Mozilla issue very easily. If you are unable to get help from the above given solutions then contact Google customer care for help.
How to Fix Gmail not Working on Google Chrome?
Among all the search engine platforms active on internet, Google chrome is mostly used web application. People all across the Globe usually prefer Google Chrome for internet browsing, downloading any content, and shopping or for online chatting. No matter how efficient this search engine is, but still somewhere users complain of technical issues taking place in their device. Let’s take example of a very basic thing that every internet user does. If you use Chrome to access your Gmail account to exchange mails and all of a sudden chrome stops working. Maybe for a while you will wait till screens restarts on its own. But if in case screen still does not work, maybe there is any serious issue. To know about the possible reasons and solutions behind Gmail not working, go through below details.
Reasons Behind Gmail not Working on Chrome Browser:
- The silliest reason you will ever find behind Gmail not working is internet failure. Maybe if your internet is not working, Gmail or any other application on system also won’t work.
- At times right in the middle of work, screen freezes. There are countless reasons behind it. But mostly because there is any server issue. Hence you are not alone cursing internet.
- Because of excess surfing or browsing internet, cache and cookies get piled up in memory. Because of which other pages stop working. Hence make sure to clear computer’s memory.
- At times if the operating system or application is not updated, Gmail would stop working.
- Hence above listed points are most common reasons behind Gmail not working. To fix above given issues, you can easily follow below steps.
Steps to Fix Gmail not Working on Chrome:
- If there are issues with the internet then make sure your device is connected. In case of any network failure reset the connectivity.
- Keep clearing all the unwanted mails from Gmail, cookies and cache from search history if chrome. These are also the reasons behind Gmail not working properly.
- If there is server issue with your device then wait till chrome fixes the issue on its own.
- Keep updating your system and applications in order to run it smoothly.
- In case of system hanging, you can simply switch off and restart your device.
- Try opening your account in some other browser.
- Close all other documents and files running in the background.
- Even better if you can remove your account and reset chrome again.
Thus you can follow above given steps and fix Gmail not working on Google chrome. In case of any further doubt, contact on customer support number.
How to Fix Gmail not Working on Phone?
Here What You Need To Do When Gmail Is Unable To Work On Phone Devices
Gmail app when stops working on any device, frustration level rise in the user’s mind. Various issues related to syncing, unable to send or receive messages, unable to access messages, and other issues can be seriously affecting to Gmail users.
If you are a Gmail fan & your Gmail not working on phone then here’s what you can do to fix this and get your app working again.
Ways To Fix Gmail App Issues In Your Phone
Try Enabling Auto-Sync In Your Gmail App
- In your Gmail app, navigate to its Menu section and then to Settings section
- Tap on your name and switch to the Data usage section
- Tap on the Sync Gmail check box to enable auto-sync
Check The Internet Connectivity & Update The App
- If the internet connection is upright then navigate to the Play Store in your phone
- Next, switch to the My Apps section and tap on the Update button next to the Gmail app
- Re-launch your app Gmail app to see if it working fine
Clear Gmail Cache From Your Phone
- Switch to the Settings section in your phone and then to Apps & Notifications
- Open-up the App info section and then tap on Gmail
- Now select Storage and then tap on Clear Data
- Select the Okay button and then restart your device
Enable IMAP Settings
- Open-up your Gmail web account & switch to Settings section
- Tap on Forwarding and POP/IMAP & select IMAP access then choose Enable IMAP, re-sign into your account
If still your Gmail not working then you should either reinstall the app or contact technical support to get further assistance.
How to Fix Gmail not Working in Outlook?
Outlook was introduced and developed by Microsoft. It gives email service to its users. It holds many security and privacy features with it. Outlook has various services which are beneficial to the users. We can access the services of outlook if you have an account on Outlook. It resolves the issue of Gmail not working in outlook, please follow the given procedure:
How to Fix Gmail not Working in Outlook?
To resolve this issue, please follow the below steps:
- Enable IMAP
Please enable IMAP in Gmail before connecting to the account. Steps to enable IMAP are as follows:
- First of all, open the official website of the Gmail account.
- Choose settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click on save changes.
2. Enable Folders
Follow the steps given below:
- Please open official website of the Gmail.
- Go to settings.
- Choose the labels tab.
- Please select show in IMAP and it should be selected for inbox, trash, sent mail and all mail.
3. Reload Outlook and Mail
Once you set and enable your IMAP in Gmail and folders, please reload outlook and mail.
- On web- Click on refresh button situated in browser’s URL.
- On Mac- Click on organize and then sync folder.
- On Windows 10- Click on reload icon which is placed above the message list.
Sometimes, it is possible that Gmail stops working in outlook, but you can resolve the issue easily. If Gmail not working in outlook, you should follow above steps to resolve your issue. It is easy to understand and implement. Please contact Outlook customer service, if you need help.
How to Fix Gmail not Working on Safari?
Check out the detailed process to fix Gmail not responding on Safari
Gmail is one of the popular email service developed by Google that allows users to send and receive emails. Also, the user can even use this service to access various Google services and applications. Further, the user can even access this service using multiple devices like the iPhone.
Well, accessing Gmail services on the iPhone is quite simple, but there are a few users who have reported Gmail not working on Safari issue. Fortunately, this issue is quite common, and can be resolved in time, by trying out some solutions mentioned in this article.
Resolving Gmail not responding on Safari
For the users who are encountering an issue while accessing Gmail on Safari is quite common and can be fixed in time if the user follows some of the simple solutions listed below.
- There are chances that users might encounter this issue because of stored cache and cookies. So, to quickly resolve this issue in time, it is suggested to the users to clear their browsing history.
- Another reason behind this issue can be poor internet connectivity. So, to quickly resolve this issue in time, it is recommended that the users switch the network connections and resolve this issue.
- Further, the user can reset the Safari browser and check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Also, it is suggested to the users to check if they are entering the correct credentials while accessing the Gmail service using the Safari browser.
Hence, by using these solutions, one can easily fix Gmail not working on Safari issue. If the issue persists, the user can contact the support for assistance and resolve this issue in time.
How to Fix Gmail not Working on Android Phone?
People from different parts of the world are using Google and its splendid services. These services and products help users to complete their work without hassle, faster and in an easier manner. And one of the renowned services from Google is Gmail which is a multitasking email service.
And with the advancement in technology, Gmail has upgraded its features in many ways starting from the way to receiving or sending emails. Another upgrade related to Gmail is that it can be used over mobile phones as well. And if you are experiencing issues like Gmail not working then you must know the reasons first and then try available resolutions.
Causes Behind Gmail Not Responding on Android Phone!
- The first reason to cause such an issue can be because of improper sign-in details.
- Accumulated cookies and caches can cause Gmail to not work.
- Using an outdated version of the operating system in your Android can also lead to Gmail not working.
- If you have an excess of text messages stored in your Gmail inbox and outbox then it can also lead to issues with your Gmail inbox.
And there can be many other reasons that lead to Gmail not working on Android phone making difficult for the users. But, these issues can be resolved in the blink of an eye in the following ways.
Resolutions to Fix Gmail Issue!
- Check the sign-in details. If you find that sign-in details are not correct then correct the same.
- Clear all the cookies and caches from the settings of Gmail.
- Update the Android version of your device.
- Clear all the unwanted messages from the inbox and outbox.
You can even choose to contact Gmail customer service if the issue is not resolved.